|Miss Glover||Class Teacher|
|Mrs Bolas||Teaching Assistant|
Welcome To Year 6!
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to Year Six, an exciting and fun place to be with many interesting lessons, trips and opportunities!
We aim to provide a stimulating and caring environment where all our children feel happy and secure.
We provide children with a wide range of balanced learning opportunities and aim to help each child develop flexibility of mind, adaptability of skills and understanding to become a confident and independent learner. We respect, learn and achieve.
Our topics this year are:
Autumn 1: A Child's War
Autumn 2: Darwin's Delights
Spring 1: Blood Heart
Spring 2: Hola Mexico
Summer 1 & 2: Gallery Rebels
All Year 6 children are expected to complete their set homework. Developing a responsible attitude towards homework in primary school will help your child to become more organised for when they go to secondary school. Please check their homework with them and encourage neat presentation.
- English and maths -Weekly - Children will be asked to complete either written for English and maths. Homework will be set on a Wednesday and we ask it is completed for the following Wednesday.
- Reading - Weekly - The children are expected to read at home at least three times per week. Children are asked to independently change their home reading books and record reading in their diaries, which will be checked on Wednesdays.
- Spellings - Each half-term the children will be given a hand-out with the spelling rules/patterns we will be focusing on, please revise these words with your child along with the Y3/4 and Y5/6 words.
- Topic-based projects - Each half-term the children may be set an open-ended homework project based on their topic.
- The children have access to a variety of online resources to support their learning, for example, TT Rockstars and Spelling Shed. Please encourage your child to go on these at home as they allow them to practise their times tables recall and spelling strategies.
Plain t-shirt (white or House colour) and black shorts, trainers or pumps.
Plain t-shirt (white or House colour), black shorts, black tracksuit
bottoms and top to keep warm, outdoor trainers.
PE kit should remain in school every week and will be sent home at the end of each Half Term.
- Trip to Cannock Chase Museum for the WW2 workshop - Tuesday 17th September
- Bikeability Course - Monday 30th September and Tuesday 1st October
- Trip to Lapworth Museum of Geneology for the Deadly Dinosaur workshop - Tuesday 26th November
- SATS - Week beginning Monday 11th May 2020
- Outdoor Educational Visit to Whitemoor Lakes - Monday 18th May - Wednesday 20th May 2020.
Exciting trips, workshops and visits are planned throughout the year to enhance your child’s learning. In addition, Year Six have the opportunity to develop cycling skills and road safety by taking part in Bikeability.