School governors are people who want to make a positive contribution to children’s education. Governors are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and have an important part to play in raising school standards. The role of the governing board is absolutely key to the effectiveness of a school. Governors support the school through support and challenge and also help set the vision and strategic direction of the school.
What makes a good school Governor?
• You care about improving children’s educational attainment
• You want to contribute to the local community
• You can work corporately and value the contributions of other people who may hold alternative views to your own and understand the concept of corporate decision making.
• You are willing to be trained.
• You are willing to ask questions.
• You are open to ideas and willing to learn.
If you are interested please contact West Hill Primary School on 01543 227125 or email email@example.com